June was a complete blur that included Anya’s 6th birthday and our 2-week California trip. I didn’t get much done this month, but here’s what my list looks like…
- Weekend away with the kids
- Anniversary weekend away
Family vacationStay tuned for more updates about trip!
- Read 24 books – I have read 19 books so far, but only finished 1 book this month.
- Read 2 music books - I have read 1 book and just started reading another one.
- Daily Q&A – I have some catching up to do since I didn’t bring the book with me on vacation.
- Writer’s Book of Days – I did 7 out of 7 planned prompts.
- 500 Writing Prompts – I did 3 out of 3 planned prompts.
- Do a daily devotional written for Catholic moms – Still keeping up.
- Learn at least 6 new popular songs on the guitar or piano. – (4/6)
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano (0/3).
- Start recording my songs. I am working on this diligently on this. I am currently working with a lead guitarist to collaborate with on some of my songs.
- Find at least 5 new songs to use in music therapy sessions - (3/5)
- Work through Songwriting Without Boundaries - I started the second “course” in April and I’m still working through it. I didn’t get as much done with this as in other months because we were on vacation, but I know I will catch up at some point.
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces.
Home and Organization:
- Complete Bonus Room Transformation – We still need to get more things moved out of the room, but it is getting closer.
- Go through Gmail account – I need to start working on this again.
- Go through and organize computer files.
- Inflatable Fun Factory
- Game Night
Financial: I want to continue to save money and to keep our spending in check.
- Save a specific amount in Travel and Savings Accounts combined – We got to save some in June.
- Keep track of “extras” earned from apps, credit cards, rewards, etc. – So far so good.
- Keep up with a budget as best we can – I didn’t do as well with this in June because we were on vacation for half the month.
- Do at least 6 service projects that may include volunteering, providing a meal at the local Ronald McDonald house, donating items, etc. (1/6)
Write a new 101 in 1,001 list.
- I have started a running list of restaurants I want to try, and I want to eat at 12 of them this year – We didn’t try anything new this month but we are kind of ahead already anyway. (6/12)
- I plan to cook 12 international meals this year or one international meal a month – We didn’t get to this in June because of vacation, so we will start up again in July with food from Italy.
In June, we celebrated Anya’s birthday and went on a trip to California where we spent 7 nights in San Francisco, 3 nights in Yosemite, and 4 nights in Santa Cruz.
Stay tuned for more information about what we did!