101 in 1,001
What is 101 in 1,001?
Basically, it is a list of goals that you write yourself and then work toward over the course of 1,001 days (approximately 2 years and 9 months). It is a way to focus on long-term goals that might take a little more planning.
Starting Date: May 4, 2016
Ending Date: January 30, 2019
If it’s crossed out, it’s done!
Write at least 3 original songs. (3/3)
- Learn to play and sing 10 new songs on my guitar or ukulele. (4/10)
- Learn and record at least 10 cover songs. (0/10)
Post (somewhere) at least 5 videos or sound clips of either original music or cover songs. (5/5)
- Listen (mindfully) to 15 recorded classical pieces of my choice and learn about them. (2/15)
- Improvise in (and learn more about) all 7 modes. (1/7)
Share at least 3 of my original songs with at least 3 other people.(3/3, 3/3, 3/3)
- Record all of my original songs in Garage Band.
- Learn at least 5 new classical pieces on piano. (0/5)
- Start a lyrical journal again.
- Set aside at least one day to make music and write music without feeling guilty about it.
- Have my flute repaired.
- Work through my guitar accompaniment book to learn new guitar techniques.
- Practice music and imagery with myself at least 5 times (Recommended ideas from Janalea Hoffman’s book). (0/5)
- Visit Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
- Take at least 5 bubble baths (alone). (1/5)
- Take at least 3 days off for being sick or for mental health days. (0/3)
- Go to bed by 10 and read in bed at least 10 times. (0/10)
- Create playlist for running.
- Create playlist for morning.
- Create playlist for winding down.
Music Therapy (7)
- Finish reading 3 books about music/music therapy. (0/3)
- Create at least 2 new singalong packets. (1/2)
- Create and try at least 5 new interventions for my substance abuse and/or wellness groups. (3/5)
Complete recertification for music therapy.
- Come up with a 5-year plan to get all 100 CMTEs.
- Purchase at least 3 new equipment/instrument items for business. (2/3)
- Provide at least 3 employee wellness sessions. (0/3)
- Finish a draft of an e-book.
- Submit at least 16 pieces for some kind of publication even if they are never accepted. (1/16)
- Work through The Right to Write by Julia Cameron.
- Write at least 5 poems. (0/5)
- Write at least 10 blog posts about song lyrics of my choice. (0/10)
In the Kitchen (5)
- Make at least 20 international meals. (4/20)
- Try at least 4 new recipes with quinoa. (2/4)
- Try at least 2 new Indian recipes. (0/2)
- Try at least 2 new Asian recipes. (0/2)
- Use our bread machine at least 5 times. (0/5)
- Watch the Wizard of Oz while listening to the Pink Floyd album.
- Take a painting (or other art) class.
- Watch at least 20 new (to me) movies. (9/20) (Last one was Solace.)
- Attend at least 2 concerts (popular music). (1/2)
- Attend at least 2 concerts (classical music). (0/2)
- Watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy. (0/3)
- Watch The Matrix trilogy. (0/3)
- Start watching Game of Thrones.
- Attend at least 2 plays. (0/2)
- Have people over at least 5 times (not counting birthday parties). (1/5)
- Watch all the Stars Wars movies. (0/7)
Healthy Living (3)
- Tackle my anxiety.
Run or walk at least 1,000 miles, according to my Fitbit.
- Try meditation at least 5 times. (0/5)
- Make a “movie” with the kids.
- Take one or both kids to at least 3 concerts or recitals. (2/3)
- Take the kids to Holiday World at least once.
Take the kids to the drive-in at least 2 times.
- Read at least 2 novels to the kids. (0/2)
- Teach the kids at least 20 Spanish phrases. (0/20)
- Teach the kids to sing at least 10 new songs. (0/10)
- Take the kids bowling at least once.
- Take the kids to play mini-golf at least once.
- Write at least 1 story with the kids.
- Have at least 3 family game nights. (1/3)
- Have a slumber party in the living room with the kids.
- Work on singing and matching pitch with Anya.
Enroll Felix in violin lessons.
- Paint with the kids at least 5 times. (0/5)
- Write at least 5 original songs with the kids. (0/5)
- Work on rhythm and finding the beat with Anya.
Teach Felix beginning Suzuki rhythms.
- Take the kids to Gatti Town at least 2 times. (1/2)
- Do drumming with the kids at least 5 times. (0/5)
Go geocaching at least one time.
- Dance with the kids at least 5 times. (0/5)
- Complete a marriage workshop or workbook.
- Go on at least 25 dates. (5/25)
- Go on at least 2 weekend trips without kids. (1/2)
Visit at least one other country.
- Go on at least 5 weekend trips. (2/5)
Take the kids to the beach. Go camping. Renew passports for myself and Anya.
Giving Back (4)
- Volunteer at least 20 hours. (3/20)
- Make meals for at least 5 different people. (2/5)
- Send at least 5 cards in the mail to people (not counting birthday party invitations or thank you cards). (0/5)
- Make at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald House. (2/3)
House Stuff (4)
Purchase a new couch. Purchase new chairs/swing for front porch.
- Fix the deck.
Finish setting up the Bonus Room as a play room for the kids.
- Read at least 75 books (total). (58/75)
- Complete at least 3 devotionals. (0/3)
- Read a book about chakras.
- Read at least one book about travel.
- Read at least 3 books having to do with bettering myself. (1/3)
- Find at least 10 poems that speak to me. (0/10)
Other Stuff (5)
- Visit at least 12 new (to us) restaurants in our area. (10/12)
Purchase a new (to me) vehicle. Make at least enough money with my new travel business to cover cost of travel school.
- Attend at least 2 Spanish masses. (0/2)
- Make another 101 in 1,001 list.