I always do this in my livejournal every year, so I thought I would post it here as well:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? went to Mexico, took grad school classes, bought and sold a house
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? this is kind of silly but I decided to try to get back into going to church…my goal was to go to church at least twice a month and so far, we’ve done pretty well:)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? our friends Abbie and Brian had a little girl on Oct. 13, and our other friends Emily and Jeff had a little girl on Dec. 5; I have another friend from grad school who will be having a baby anytime now…
4. Did anyone close to you die? Eric’s grandfather passed away in March, plus many of my hospice patients
5. What countries did you visit? So far we visited various places in the US (Brown County, Savannah, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Louisville, Indianapolis, Ft. Wayne, Terre Haute, Cincinnati) and Mexico
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? more music therapy contracts and another trip to Europe
7. What date(s) from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 9/10 – Wine and Chocolate weekend at the wineries with Sarah and Colin
Feb. 17 – the day we officially put our house up for sale
Mar. 13 – the day Eric lost his job at ARS (and the whole week following was extremely hard!)
Mar. 24 – Eric started his new job at Keller Schroeder
Mar. 29 – the day of Eric’s grandpa’s funeral
Apr. 28 – May 3 – our trip to Mexico!!
May 24/25 – weekend in Cincinnati
June 17-22 – summer class in GIM at SMWC
July 30-Aub. 3 – fall semester began at SMWC
Aug. 30-Sept. 6 – vacation in Savannah!
Oct. 13 – Mace was born!
Oct. 21 – 2 year anniversary
Oct. 25/26 – celebrated our anniversary in Louisville
Nov. 4 – what were we thinking??
Nov. 7-9 – wedding in Ft. Wayne and visiting friends in Pendleton, Bluffton, and Indy
Nov. 11 – sold the old house
Nov. 15 – bought the new house
Nov. 18-23 – AMTA conference in St. Louis
Nov. 26 – closed on the old house
Nov. 28 – my first grad school semester ended
Dec. 5 – closed on the new house
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting accepted to grad school at SMWC and finishing my first full semester; selling the house and buying a new one…
9. What was your biggest failure? being too busy to enjoy life
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no, not really:)
11. What was the best thing you bought? our new house!! and my grad school education, of course…
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? all the people who were supportive of my grad school dream; all the people who are helping us with painting and moving!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? people who don’t support me
14. Where did most of your money go? definitely the house…though some went to vacations
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? our vacations, buying a new house, starting grad school
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2008? Let It Be…
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? probably the same
ii. thinner or fatter? probably about the same
iii. richer or poorer? probably about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? relaxing and just enjoying life more…still working on that
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying…still working on this as well
20. How did you spend Christmas? planning on going to Eric’s parents on Christmas Eve “Eve”, Eric’s aunt’s house and my aunt’s house on Christmas Eve, then my parent’s house, my grandma’s house, and Eric’s grandpa’s retirement home on Christmas Day
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? still in love with my husband and just recently fell in love with our new house!
22. How many one-night stands? only with my husband;)
23. What was your favorite TV program? Desperate Housewives, House, Nip/Tuck, Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy, The Office
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no
25. What was the best book you read? I actually read 13 books this year, including 2 textbooks that I read cover to cover…
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Guided Music and Imagery
27. What did you want and get? to go to grad school and a new house
28. What did you want and not get? more time to relax
29. What was your favorite film of this year? haven’t really seen many new movies this year…
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 27 on Dec. 12. I worked at home all morning and painted at the new house in the afternoon…in the evening, I went out to dinner with my family and then to Home Depot to buy more paint…
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? more relaxation
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? hmmm..no clue
33. What kept you sane? my husband and my cat, Peanut Butter
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have no idea
35. What political issue stirred you the most? the election
36. Who did you miss? my friends that live far away
37. Who was the best new person you met? my friends at grad school!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I can still handle a million things at once, even though I don’t really like it…
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “There will be an answer, let it be….”