I still do this every year for some reason….
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? went to Dublin, Prague, Munich, and Venice; tried to get pregnant and was successful!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t even remember what my New Year’s resolution was, or if I even had one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 2 grad school friends had babies (one in Jan. and one in July), my cousin and his wife, Eric’s cousin and his wife, my cousin had twins…I could be missing people…
4. Did anyone close to you die? my grandpa died in April
5. What countries did you visit? Ireland, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, rode a train through Austria, and a few cities in the US
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? more free time!
7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? week of Jan. 26 – ice storm!May 7 – last day of the hospice contractMay 20 – part time job offer at CrosspointeMay 26 – 31 – Improvisation classJune 3 – 19 – European vacation!June 29 – first day of new jobJuly 17 – 19 – Holly’s shower and bachelorette party weekendJuly 30 – Aug. 2 – SMWC residency complete with an awesome wine tasting:)Sept. 22 – we found out we were pregnantSept. 25 – we told our parents about the pregnancyOct. 11 – we told Eric’s family about the pregnancyOct. 18 – Open House at which point we told my family about the pregnancyOct. 20 – first ultrasound and we heard the heartbeatOct. 21 – 3 year anniversaryOct. 24 – Holly’s weddingOct. 31 – Nov. 1 – anniversary weekend in Nashville
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting so much work done on the house, planning another European vacation, finishing 2 more semesters of school and a summer house while working a ton!
9. What was your biggest failure? being too busy to enjoy life
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? just this stupid sciatic nerve problems and leg cramps that are all pregnancy related
11. What was the best thing you bought? plane tickets to Europe, baby furniture bought on Black Friday, grad school tuition
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? all the people who support us
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? people who don’t take others’ situations into consideration
14. Where did most of your money go? probably the house, Europe, and grad school
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Europe, being pregnant
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2009? a song I wrote
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? probably the sameii. thinner or fatter? probably fatter due to the pregnancyiii. richer or poorer? probably about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? relaxing and just enjoying life more, same as every year
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying, same as every year
20. How did you spend Christmas? Eric’s family the night before Christmas Eve, our Christmas on Christmas Eve morning, Eric’s mom’s side Christmas Eve afternoon, my mom’s side Christmas Eve evening, midnight mass, working for a few hours Christmas morning, my family Christmas around noon, and my dad’s family Christmas evening….I think that’s everything!
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? of course, still in love with my husband and we recently fell in love with our new baby:)
22. How many one-night stands? none
23. What was your favorite TV program? Desperate Housewives, House, Nip/Tuck, Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy, The Office, So You Think You Can Dance
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no
25. What was the best book you read? so far, The Twilight Series – sad, I know
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Improvisation
27. What did you want and get? to go to grad school, to take another European vacation, to get pregnant
28. What did you want and not get? more time to relax
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Hangover, The Proposal
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I will turn 28 on Saturday. I’m not sure exactly what we’re doing other than going out to eat with our family’s that evening.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? more relaxation and less worrying
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? comfort
33. What kept you sane? my husband and my cat, Peanut Butter
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have no idea
35. What political issue stirred you the most? the issue of healthcare
36. Who did you miss? my friends that live far away and having more free time
37. Who was the best new person you met? new friends at grad school and at my new job!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. God doesn’t give you anything you can’t handle.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “But now when you speak, I am here to listen You don’t have to be alone…”