2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I would rather look at my resolutions more as goals. I kept some from last year and will probably come up with some new ones for next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My nephew was born in November and my good friend Holly had her daughter in October.
4. Did anyone close to you die? The world lost way too many great people this year. I was not necessarily close to anyone who died but I was close with people who lost their loved ones. Hopefully 2013 will be better…
5. What countries did you visit? Spain, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, and Germany
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? More free time, to have a healthy baby, more music therapy contracts, more time to spend with my family
7. What date(s) from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving a presentation at the AMTA national conference, taking a toddler to Europe and back with everyone still in one piece and sanity intact
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting as many more music therapy contracts as I had hoped
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I sprained my ankle in Bratislavia and it was bad enough that I had to go to PT for several weeks.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My plane tickets to Europe and all the great food we bought while we were there!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All the people who have made it a priority to spend time with me and make things special.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Can’t really think of anyone off the top of my head. There are always people whose choices make me cringe, but I guess it’s really none of my concern.
14. Where did most of your money go? Our European vacation, carpet, kitchen countertop, and new tile
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Our 3rdEuropean tripJ
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2012? In My Arms by Plumb
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? “Fatter,” thanks to this pregnancy
iii. richer or poorer? Probably about the same, though I’m about to get poorer because I’m not working as much
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? relaxing and just enjoying life (same as every year)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying (same as every year)
20. How did you spend Christmas? We are planning to spend the Saturday before Christmas with my family and the Sunday before Christmas with Eric’s mom’s family. We will probably do our own family Christmas on Christmas Eve morning and then spend that evening with my mom’s family. Christmas Day will be spent with my dad’s family over lunch and then with Eric’s family later that evening.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Already there!
23. What was your favorite TV program? American Horror Story (though I’m not sure how much more I can take!), New Girl, Whitney, Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy, The Office, Revolution
25. What was the best book you read? The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, The Hunger Games trilogy, part of the Tudor series by Philippa Gregory
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? The ukulele, Mumford and Songs, Trace Bundy
27. What did you want and get? To go to Europe, new carpet, new tile, new kitchen counter, to be pregnant
28. What did you want and not get? more time to relax, the fence painted
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Hunger Games (though I didn’t really get to see too many movies)
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I celebrated with family a few days before; we got strombolis from Pizza King and had my mom’s cherry cheesecake. I had to work on my actual birthday, but that evening we had a quick dinner at Qdoba and then came home to eat ice cream cake. I turned 31J
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? more relaxation, less worrying
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 201? Started out the year wearing “skinny” clothes and am now in maternity
33. What kept you sane? Not really sure…
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I’m not even sure…
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The election – I hope we can get through the next four years without things falling apart even further…
36. Who did you miss? Friends that I don’t get to see often
37. Who was the best new person you met? Lauren, Sarah
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. There were so many that I wouldn’t even know where to begin. One of them is that you can’t put a price on the time spent with your kids when they’re young. Also, life is short, so don’t leave things undone.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “Your baby blues, so full of wonder/Your curly cues, your contagious smile/And as I watch, you start to grow up/All I can do is hold you tight” (In My Arms – Plumb)