2017: January into February
It is really hard to believe that January has already come to a close…what was typically my most difficult month of the year actually turned out to be mostly ok this time around…
- January Wellness Weekend – This is amazing and happens at exactly the right time. Since I’ve been going to this in January, I have felt so much better this month.
- Weekend away with the kids
- Anniversary weekend away
- Family vacation - Right now we are thinking about going to Greece!
- Read 30 books. (4/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (5/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (4/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (3/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (2/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Create one new Singalong packet for my Singalongs (for work). (0/1)
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (0/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (0/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (0/10) - I started reading this book and I am starting to listen to some of Beethoven’s first concertos.
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (0/20) - I am working on a CMTE course right now.
Home and Organization:
- Complete Bonus Room Transformation.
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
Go through and re-organize the pantry.- I did this on a whim this past weekend and I LOVE how much more organized it is.
- Go through refrigerator. I am adding this to my list.
- Go through freezers. I am adding this to my list.
- Inflatable Fun Factory - We attended a birthday part here and the kids had fun.
- Game Night
- Movie Night
- Gatti Town or Chuck E. Cheese
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (1/3) - We made a meal this past weekend and had a great time doing it. We need to schedule our next visit.
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Run the 10-mile River Race in May. - I have been running short runs on my treadmill and working more on speed training, but I will need to start really training for this in a few weeks.
- Complete at least 5 fitness challenges. Doing these kinds of challenges helps me to keep carving out time to do something physical and it gives me a chance to focus on some areas that I feel like I need to work on. (1/5) - I finished my first fitness challenge. I need to choose my next one.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. - I may not be drinking exactly 64 ounces every day but I am drinking a lot more and I can tell that I feel better.
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. - I have been able to get something in 3 times a week, even if it’s just a short ride on the stationary bike we have.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (0/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (0/10)
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. This could mean taking a bath, spending time playing the piano just for fun, buying a piece of clothing that I want, reading a book by the fire even when I still have work to do, or anything that contributes to the idea of doing something nice for myself. (0/20)
Travel has picked up quite a bit so some of these things are not as far along as I’d hoped they would be. That being said, I’m sure time will even out and I will have more time for them at a later date.
How is your year going so far?