Obligatory end-of-the-year quiz…
1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before? Visited Greece, swam in a bio-luminescent bay in Jamaica, participated in paranormal investigations
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did pretty well with my intentions for 2017, and I have more ideas for 2018.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes – One of my good friends had a baby while we were coming home from Greece
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes – Eric’s uncle, my great aunt, and my mother-in-law’s mother’s cousin
5. What countries did you visit? Greece, Jamaica
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017? Feeling more appreciated 7. What date(s) from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I don’t have exact dates for all of these, but these were important events this year:
- Winter Wellness Weekend in January
- Rainy camping weekend in Lincoln City during Spring Break
- Mumford and Sons concert in May
- The 10-mile River Run in May
- Our amazing trip to Greece in May/June
- Our first paranomal investigation in New Harmony in August
- Labor Day weekend spent camping in Lincoln City
- Paranormal investigation in Alton, IL at McPike Mansion in September
- Delta University in Atlanta in September
- 6 nights in Montego Bay, Jamaica in October
- Music Therapy Conference in St. Louis in November
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Successfully moving forward with my travel business and getting another important music therapy contract (More information to come!)
9. What was your biggest failure? There was nothing I would call a failure. 10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just sporadic sadness at times 11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to Greece and Jamaica 12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My close friends who have been supportive 13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? People who are always too engrossed in their own things to really see me 14. Where did most of your money go? Greece and private school tuition
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Greece, Jamaica, and paranormal investigations
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2017? The Night We Met by Lord Huron, because it introduced me to a great band!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Probably a little sadder, actually
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner, for once! iii. richer or poorer? Maybe a little richer, since we have built up our account again since putting a down payment on the van
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Things I enjoy
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas? We spent Christmas Eve with my mom’s family. We spent Christmas Day as a family, then with my family, and then with my husband’s family later that evening.
21. What was your favorite TV program? The Walking Dead, The Handmaid’s Tale, 13 Reasons Why
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No 23. What was the best book you read? I read several great ones: Cruel Beautiful World by Caroline Leavitt, The Arrangement by Sarah Dunn, The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid, My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella, and Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Of Monsters and Men, Lord Huron, Strumbellas
25. What did you want and get? Trips to Greece and Jamaica
26. What did you want and not get? A decision about whether or not to have more kids
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I saw very few movies…
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 36. On my birthday, I worked but had lunch with a couple friends and dinner with my family at Acropolis. Later, we came home for cake and some family game time.
29.How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017? Comfortable 30. What kept you sane? Coffee and chocolate
31.Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one, really 32. What political issue stirred you the most? I’m not sure there was any one issue that stirred me the most, but politics this year have been insane. 33. Who did you miss? The baby I won’t get to meet.
34. Who was the best new person you met? My travel agent friends 35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017: I need to keep spending time taking care of myself.