April into May
Somehow April came and went, and we are now going full force into May. Here is what happened in April…
Weekend away with the kids- We went camping the first weekend of April, even though it was way too cold.
- Anniversary weekend away
- Family vacation - We will be going to Greece in June!
- Read 30 books. (11/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (20/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (17/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (12/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (8/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Create one new Singalong packet for my Singalongs (for work). (0/1) - I am almost finished with this.
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (0/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (2/10) - I started reading this book and I am currently listening to Beethoven’s 3rd concerto.
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (10/20) - I finished my course worth 10 credits and I will also be receiving 2 credits for supervising students this semester.
Home and Organization:
- Complete Bonus Room Transformation. - Eric actually built a climbing wall for this room.
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it. – Eric is about halfway through the process of fixing the deck.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
- Game Night
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (1/3)
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Run the 10-mile River Race in May. -This is happening next weekend, though I may be doing the 15k instead of 10 miles.
- Complete at least 5 fitness challenges. (2/5) - I have another challenge picked out but just haven’t started yet.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. - I really need to get back into doing this…I am doing better but not as well as I would like.
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – I have been keeping up with this so far.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (1/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (1/10) - We have not been very good with this, so I need to find more motivation to do this. We will be looking at British food next.
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc. - I would really love to do this in May, but I’m still trying to figure out how to make this work in my schedule in May.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. (1/20)
I think I’m doing pretty well in some areas but not so well in others…looking at my goals each month serves as a really good reminder of what I need to work more on…
In April, we celebrated Easter…
…and Felix’s 4th birthday.
Felix and I also did a Mother/Son scavenger hunt.
What did you do in April?