April into May
Somehow April came and went, and we are now going full force into May. Here is what happened in April…
Weekend away with the kids– We went camping the first weekend of April, even though it was way too cold.
- Anniversary weekend away
- Family vacation – We will be going to Greece in June!
- Read 30 books. (11/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (20/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (17/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (12/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (8/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Create one new Singalong packet for my Singalongs (for work). (0/1) – I am almost finished with this.
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (0/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (2/10) – I started reading this book and I am currently listening to Beethoven’s 3rd concerto.
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (10/20) – I finished my course worth 10 credits and I will also be receiving 2 credits for supervising students this semester.
Home and Organization:
- Complete Bonus Room Transformation. – Eric actually built a climbing wall for this room.
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it. – Eric is about halfway through the process of fixing the deck.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
- Game Night
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (1/3)
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Run the 10-mile River Race in May. –This is happening next weekend, though I may be doing the 15k instead of 10 miles.
- Complete at least 5 fitness challenges. (2/5) – I have another challenge picked out but just haven’t started yet.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. – I really need to get back into doing this…I am doing better but not as well as I would like.
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – I have been keeping up with this so far.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (1/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (1/10) – We have not been very good with this, so I need to find more motivation to do this. We will be looking at British food next.
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc. – I would really love to do this in May, but I’m still trying to figure out how to make this work in my schedule in May.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. (1/20)
I think I’m doing pretty well in some areas but not so well in others…looking at my goals each month serves as a really good reminder of what I need to work more on…
In April, we celebrated Easter…
…and Felix’s 4th birthday.
Felix and I also did a Mother/Son scavenger hunt.
What did you do in April?