August into September
I have no idea where the time is heading! How are we already going into September?!
- Anniversary weekend away - We are going to Jamaica!
- Read 30 books. (22/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (40/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (31/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (24/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (16/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (0/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (2/10)
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (12/20) - I will be going to a national conference in November, which will get me 5 more CMTE’s. I am also supervising two more students this semester.
Home and Organization:
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it. – The deck is finished, and we have the paint we need for it. We plan to paint this fall once the pool is closed.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (2/3)
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. - I’m not sure if I should give up on this or not…
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – This has been working out well.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (6/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (4/10)
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc. - I am hoping to do this sometime in October if I can work it in.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. (5/20)
This month was another busy one. We made another meal at the Ronald McDonald House.
Both kids started school.
We got to see the eclipse in totality.
I’m sure September will be just as busy!