February into March
Where did February go? How is it March? I know that February is short, but it literally flew right by…
January Wellness Weekend
- Weekend away with the kids – We are planning a camping trip for part of spring break. Stay tuned!
- Anniversary weekend away
- Family vacation – We have booked parts of our trip to Greece this summer. Watch for more information about the things we will be doing there!
- Read 30 books. (7/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (10/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (8/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (6/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (4/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Create one new Singalong packet for my Singalongs (for work). (0/1)
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (0/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (1/10) – I started reading this book and I am starting to listen to some of Beethoven’s first concertos.
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (0/20) – I am finishing up a CMTE course right now that would give me 10 points, as well as supervising students that will eventually give me an additional 2 points.
Home and Organization:
- Complete Bonus Room Transformation.
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
Go through and re-organize the pantry.– Go through refrigerator. Go through freezers.
Inflatable Fun Factory
- Game Night
Movie Night– We watched Pete’s Dragon this past weekend and it was a really good movie.
- Gatti Town or Chuck E. Cheese
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (1/3)
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Run the 10-mile River Race in May. – I am planning to start training more in March.
- Complete at least 5 fitness challenges. Doing these kinds of challenges helps me to keep carving out time to do something physical and it gives me a chance to focus on some areas that I feel like I need to work on. (1/5) – I am in the middle of my second challenge. I’m having trouble keeping up sometimes but I’m making it work.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. – I kind of fell back into old habits, so I am working on getting back into this.
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – This has been working out so far!
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (1/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (1/10) – We made a Greek meal this past weekend.
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. This could mean taking a bath, spending time playing the piano just for fun, buying a piece of clothing that I want, reading a book by the fire even when I still have work to do, or anything that contributes to the idea of doing something nice for myself. (1/20)
In February, we also celebrated Valentine’s Day and went to Disney on Ice with the kids.
How is your year going so far?