- Disney World in April – We are getting closer and closer! The kids are getting excited as well. I am working on coming up with tentative itineraries so that we can do our Fastpasses in a couple of weeks.
- Costa Rica in July (just me and Eric!) – Everything we need booked is booked. Once Disney is finished, I will get to do more with Costa Rica.
- Possibly a weekend trip with the kids
- A weekend trip with just me and Eric
Family Fun – We hope to do something fun with the kids at least once a month and are planning to do the following activities as a family this year:
Movie Night Game Night
- Inflatable Fun Factory
- Hiking in the Woods
- Gatti Town
- Fire It Up
Service Projects – We would like to do at least one service “project” a month and are planning to participate in these service projects this year:
- Provide Dinner at Ronald McDonald House – We are scheduled to provide brunch sometime in March.
- Volunteer to work at the church social
- Buy gifts for kids from the Giving Tree at church
- Soup kitchen
- Donate canned goods to The Food Pantry
- Continue to donate money to our church and other charities that we support – We are continuing to do this!
- Go for a walk and pick up trash
House Projects – These are a few things we’d like to accomplish around the house:
- Bonus room transformation (at least to start it)
- Clean out refrigerator and freezers – I have started this but still need to clean out the freezer in the garage.
- Clean windows
- Organize office
Organize recipes– Done
- Organize email accounts
- Organize computer files
- Organize social media
- Go through books
- Go through my clothes
- Go through the kids’ clothes (usually I do this when the seasons change)
- Go through the kids’ toys
Go through the kids’ books
- 365 Organizational Challenge – I am still trying to keep up with this but haven’t been able to spend as much time on it as I was.
Just the Two of Us – We hope to make time to do something together at least once a month; these are some of the things we hope to do:
- Dinner at Melting Pot
Wellness Weekend in January
- Attend a play
- Attend a wine dinner – We are planning to go to a wine dinner at the end of March – can’t wait!
- Complete a couple’s daily devotional/meditation book we have had for awhile (or at least see how far we get!) – We ended up not even starting this:( I think I will wait to start until later in the year.
See a movie– We saw The Loft on our Valentine’s Day date.
- Eat at Vecchio’s or pick up a carry-out meal on a Friday night
- Go for a run
- Go hiking together
- Learn a new classical piece on the piano – I am currently working on this!
- Write at least one song – My songwriting class is helping with this, as I have a few songs started:)
- Read at least one of my music books
- Take an online songwriting class – I am in the middle of my class right now.
- Play the violin more
- Listen to classical music regularly
- Stay within 2 pounds of my goal weight – Continuing to work on this.
- Run a 10-mile race and a half marathon (both are in May)
- Work on strength training on a regular basis – I am currently getting ready to start week 8/8.
- Work on getting rid of the belly fat
Complete a January Plank Challenge
- Work through the book Journal to the Self – I have actually started this and have done a couple of short journal entries.
- Work through the book The Artist’s Way
- Finish a rough draft of one of my e-books
- Answer 2 of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind each month – So far so good!
- Blog about my goals each month – Doing this as well!
- Complete 2 daily devotional books
- Participate in the Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge – I have completed four books for this and I’m in the middle of the fifth.
- Finish reading the (Catholic) Bible – I fell off the horse on this one. I don’t have much to read to finish but it’ll happen when it happens…
- Visit a friend in St. Louis
- Visit “the Woods” (where I did my graduate work)
Complete a 6-week Fresh Start challenge on Facebook
- Take at least 4 online classes – I am in the middle of the 2nd online class.
- Get at least 2 massages – I have had 1 of 2.
- Take at least 6 bubble baths – I am on 1 of 6.
- Try to keep groceries and toiletries under a certain amount each month – We did even better in February than we did in January.
- Try to save a certain amount in our Travel Savings account and our regular Savings account over the course of the year – This should work out fine for us in February.
- Attempt to keep track of how much we save using coupons – So far so good!
- Attempt to keep track of how much we earn in rewards and reimbursements (coupon apps, Ebates, credit card rewards, etc.) –In February, we earned $19 from Ebates, saved about $20 when eating out, about $4 in groceries (I need to get on this!), and $10 in Amazon gift cards.
- Attempt to sell a few of the bigger items we need to get rid of
Ideas to Explore:
- Essential Oils
- Starting a book club- We are planning to start this the first week of March. I am beyond excited!
- Eating more organically – We are doing more and more of this.
How are you doing with your goals?