- Disney World in April – We are working on planning our days and figuring out how the Fast Passes work…when did Disney become so complicated?
- Costa Rica in July (just me and Eric!) – The flights and hotels are booked so at some point, we will start looking at everything we want to do while we’re there, but we have some time. You can read more about our plans here.
- Possibly a weekend trip with the kids
- A weekend trip with just me and Eric
Family Fun – We hope to do something fun with the kids at least once a month and are planning to do the following activities as a family this year:
- Movie Night – We had a movie night and watched Maleficent. Anya loved it and Felix seemed to enjoy the parts he actually sat down to watch.
- Game Night – We did a game night with the kids in January. Felix lasted until about halfway through, and then we had to stop and put him to bed. We played 8 games and Anya made a score card to keep track of how many games everyone one. She ended up winning the entire game night and was pretty proud of herself!
- Inflatable Fun Factory
- Hiking in the Woods
- Gatti Town
- Fire It Up
Service Projects – We would like to do at least one service “project” a month and are planning to participate in these service projects this year:
- Provide Dinner at Ronald McDonald House
- Volunteer to work at the church social
- Buy gifts for kids from the Giving Tree at church
- Soup kitchen
- Donate canned goods to The Food Pantry
- Continue to donate money to our church and other charities that we support – We are continuing to do this!
- Go for a walk and pick up trash
House Projects – These are a few things we’d like to accomplish around the house:
- Bonus room transformation (at least to start it)
- Clean out refrigerator and freezers – I have started this but still need to clean out the freezer in the garage.
- Clean windows
- Organize office
- Organize recipes
- Organize email accounts
- Organize computer files
- Organize social media
- Go through books
- Go through my clothes
- Go through the kids’ clothes (usually I do this when the seasons change)
- Go through the kids’ toys
- Go through the kids’ books – We got Felix a bookshelf before Christmas and finally put it together this month. Now all of his books are finally in it.
- 365 Organizational Challenge – I am actually doing really well with this challenge so far, so I hope I am able to keep it up!
Just the Two of Us – We hope to make time to do something together at least once a month; these are some of the things we hope to do:
- Dinner at Melting Pot
Wellness Weekend in January –We had an amazing time and hope to do it again next year!
- Attend a play
- Attend a wine dinner
- Complete a couple’s daily devotional/meditation book we have had for awhile (or at least see how far we get!) – We ended up not even starting this:( I think I will wait to start until February or March and give myself time to get a few other things knocked off our list.
- See a movie
- Eat at Vecchio’s or pick up a carry-out meal on a Friday night
- Go for a run
- Go hiking together
- Learn a new classical piece on the piano – I am currently working on this!
- Write at least one song
- Read at least one of my music books
- Take an online songwriting class – I have started this class:)
- Play the violin more – I am working on playing the next song Anya will learn once she is finished with her Twinkles.
- Listen to classical music regularly
- Stay within 2 pounds of my goal weight – Working on this!
- Run a 10-mile race and a half marathon (both are in May)
- Work on strength training on a regular basis – I am currently in the middle of Week 5/8 so this seems to be going well!
- Work on getting rid of the belly fat
Complete a January Plank Challenge
- Work through the book Journal to the Self – I have actually started this and have done a couple of short journal entries.
- Work through the book The Artist’s Way
- Finish a rough draft of one of my e-books
- Answer 2 of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind each month – So far so good!
- Blog about my goals each month – Doing this as well!
- Complete 2 daily devotional books
- Participate in the Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge – I have completed three books for this and I’ve started the fourth (and I’m getting close to the end).
- Finish reading the (Catholic) Bible – I actually came up with a plan to finish reading it and if I stick to it, I will finish sometime in February.
- Visit a friend in St. Louis
- Visit “the Woods” (where I did my graduate work)
- Complete a 6-week Fresh Start challenge on Facebook – In the middle of this!
- Take at least 4 online classes – I just finished an online class on Meditation right now and getting ready to start one on Songwriting.
- Get at least 2 massages – I have gotten 1 of the 2.
- Take at least 6 bubble baths – I actually have done this once already:)
- Try to keep groceries and toiletries under a certain amount each month – Did pretty well in January
- Try to save a certain amount in our Travel Savings account and our regular Savings account over the course of the year – Did pretty well in January
- Attempt to keep track of how much we save using coupons – So far so good!
- Attempt to keep track of how much we earn in rewards and reimbursements (coupon apps, Ebates, credit card rewards, etc.) –In January, we earned a $5 gift card from Shopkick, $100 in credit card rewards (in the form of a $50 gift card to Banana Republic and a $50 gift card to Bonefish Grill), and $15 in Amazon Gift cards from Swagbucks. This is a total of $120! We also saved some money in coupons.
- Attempt to sell a few of the bigger items we need to get rid of
Ideas to Explore:
- Essential Oils – I am loving my new oils and my diffuser so far!
- Home remedies
- Starting a book club – It looks like this is actually going to happen in February…so excited!
- Eating more organically – We are doing more and more of this.