July into August
Somehow school is about ready to start and here I am, writing about what we did in July…
- Anniversary weekend away – We are actually thinking about going to Jamaica!
- Read 30 books. (19/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (35/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (27/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (21/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (14/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (0/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (2/10)
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (12/20) – I will be going to a national conference in November, which will get me 5 more CMTE’s.
Home and Organization:
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it. – The deck is finished, and we have the paint we need for it. We plan to paint this fall once the pool is closed.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (1/3) – We have our second meal scheduled for the first part of August.
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. – I really need to start doing this again.
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – I have been keeping up with this so far…lately, I have been working out approximately 5 times a week, between running and HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (5/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (3/10)
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc. – I really wanted to do this in May but it just didn’t work out. I’m hoping for some time in September or October.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. (4/20)
Things have certainly been busy. This month we did a lot of other things, like the drive-in movie theater, 4th of July celebrations, my brother’s wedding, a visit to a really cool park in Owensboro, and more swimming in our pool. Anya and I even got our nails done while Felix was at a camp.