June and July and Looking Ahead at August
Disney World in April– I have written about part of our trip so far: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Day 2 of Magic Kingdom.
- Costa Rica in July (just me and Eric!) – This happened in July and it was amazing. Check out the posts I have up about our first and second days. There will also be more to come.
- Possibly a weekend trip with the kids – We are planning a weekend trip to St. Louis in September.
- A weekend trip with just me and Eric – This usually happens on a weekend near our anniversary, so there will be more on this later.
Family Fun – We hope to do something fun with the kids at least once a month and are planning to do the following activities as a family this year:
Movie Night Game Night
- CMOE- I took the kids to the museum last week, but Eric wasn’t there.
- Inflatable Fun Factory
Hiking in the Woods
- Gatti Town
- Fire It Up
- Zoo – I took the kids to the zoo this week, but Eric wasn’t there.
I have taken the kids to the zoo and CMOE, and Eric has taken them to Inflatable Fun Factory, but we haven’t gone all together yet.
Service Projects – We would like to do at least one service “project” a month and are planning to participate in these service projects this year:
Provide Dinner at Ronald McDonald House– We did this in March, and it was so much fun! We are hoping to do it more often. Volunteer to work at the church social– We signed up to work but it started raining with no end in sight so they closed our booth and we didn’t actually get to do it, but it wasn’t for lack of trying!
- Buy gifts for kids from the Giving Tree at church
- Soup kitchen
- Donate canned goods to The Food Pantry
- Continue to donate money to our church and other charities that we support – We are continuing to do this!
- Go for a walk and pick up trash
House Projects – These are a few things we’d like to accomplish around the house:
- Bonus room transformation (at least to start it)
Organize pantry Clean out refrigerator and freezers–
- Clean windows – I cleaned all the windows in the house except for two of them, and only because I need help with them.
- Organize office
- Organize email accounts – I have gotten my Yahoo account under control (somewhat, anyway) but still need to work on my Gmail account.
- Organize computer files
- Organize social media
- Go through books
- Go through my clothes
- Go through the kids’ clothes (usually I do this when the seasons change)
- Go through the kids’ toys
Go through the kids’ books
Just the Two of Us – We hope to make time to do something together at least once a month; these are some of the things we hope to do:
Dinner at Melting Pot Wellness Weekend in January
- Attend a play
Attend a wine dinner
- Complete a couple’s daily devotional/meditation book we have had for awhile (or at least see how far we get!) – We haven’t started this yet.
See a movie
- Eat at Vecchio’s or pick up a carry-out meal on a Friday night
Go for a run– We ran the 10-mile River Race together. Go hiking together– We did this several days in Costa Rica.
- Learn a new classical piece on the piano – I am currently working on this!
Write at least one song Read at least one of my music books Take an online songwriting class
- Play the violin more – I finally got my string fixed and got some peg dope to help the pegs when I tune it so hopefully I can do more playing very soon.
- Listen to classical music regularly
- Stay within 2 pounds of my goal weight – Doing well so far as far as I know!
Run a 10-mile race and a half marathon (both are in May)–I finished both of these races.
- Work on strength training on a regular basis – We are getting back into doing this more often.
- Work on getting rid of the belly fat – This is a continuous battle that I’m not sure I will ever win:( I am almost ready to chalk it up to pregnancy battle wounds and focus on something I can actually do something about without plastic surgery.
Complete a January Plank Challenge
Work through the book Journal to the Self
- Work through the book The Artist’s Way – I am over halfway through this.
- Finish a rough draft of one of my e-books
- Answer 2 of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind each month – I have really dropped the ball on this one lately.
- Blog about my goals each month – I am really late on June, but that’s ok!
- Complete 2 daily devotional books
- Participate in the Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge – I have completed 18 books for this and I am still reading.
- Finish reading the (Catholic) Bible – I am still working on finishing this. I just need to do it.
- Visit a friend in St. Louis
- Visit “the Woods” (where I did my graduate work)
Complete a 6-week Fresh Start challenge on Facebook
- Take at least 4 online classes – I have finished 2 of them and I’m deciding when to start the 3rd..
Get at least 2 massages
- Take at least 6 bubble baths – I am on 3 of 6.
- Try to keep groceries and toiletries under a certain amount each month – We have been doing alright with this one.
- Try to save a certain amount in our Travel Savings account and our regular Savings account over the course of the year – We were able to save quite a bit in June and hopefully it will be the same for July.
- Attempt to keep track of how much we save using coupons – I know I sometimes forget to track this, but I’m doing my best.
- Attempt to keep track of how much we earn in rewards and reimbursements (coupon apps, Ebates, credit card rewards, etc.) – We have still been earning quite a bit, particularly with credit card rewards. We have recently found a great deal on a Delta card to help us earn Skymiles.
- Attempt to sell a few of the bigger items we need to get rid of – We need to get going on this.
Ideas to Explore:
- Essential Oils – We are diffusing lots of combinations of oils and we have used several of them to treat things.
Starting a book club
- Eating more organically – We are doing more and more of this.
How are your goals coming along?