May into June
Where did May go and how is it already June?!?
- Anniversary weekend away
- Family vacation – We left for Greece at the very end of May!
- Read 30 books. (12/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (25/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (21/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (15/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (10/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
Create one new Singalong packet for my Singalongs (for work).
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (0/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (2/10) – I started reading this book and I am currently listening to Beethoven’s 3rd concerto.
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (12/20)
Home and Organization:
Complete Bonus Room Transformation.
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it. – Eric is almost finished with the rest of the deck. Then, we will just have to paint it.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
- Game Night
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (1/3)
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
Run the 10-mile River Race in May. Complete at least 5 fitness challenges.(5/5) – I did a 30 day challenge, as well as a 7-day Abs challenge and a 7-day Arms challenge. Even though I’ve met my goal, I’m going to keep doing challenges like this.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. – I am getting better at this.
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – I have been keeping up with this so far.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (2/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (2/10) – We made a British breakfast but I would also like to do a traditional British meal once we get back from Greece.
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc. – I really wanted to do this in May but it just didn’t work out.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. (2/20)
As you can see, I’m still moving along. I know I won’t get all of this done in a year but I’m going to do my best!
May also included:
The 10-mile River Run
Mumford and Sons concert
How did your month go?