My Dream Bucket List
Maybe I am the only one who thinks about this kind of thing, but I have a whole list of things in my head that I would love to do. It’s a little different from my 101 in 1,001 list because most of these things are not technically on my list of goals for myself, the reason being that I’m not sure they will ever happen. That being said, they tend to be things I think about frequently and have actually researched how I could really make happen. So anyway…here’s what’s on my list:
1. Start a travel planning business. I would LOVE to help other budget travelers plan their vacations. I love to research destinations and what all there is to do, and I actually enjoy putting together itineraries. I just haven’t figure out a way to make money doing this yet.
2. Get my doctorate. I have always wanted to get my doctorate in music therapy and it’s possible that I could do that, especially with the increase of online programs. I am often overwhelmed by the idea of uprooting my family and moving them so much, but I also don’t want to be “stuck” doing something I’m not happy with. I’m not sure that we will always be where we are, but if we did decide to stay here, having a doctorate may not benefit me in the same way it would if we lived somewhere else, which is why I haven’t ever made a decision about this.
3. Take a year off to travel. If you read my post about the book “Pins on a Map,” this is what I’m thinking. I would love to take the kids and just travel for a full year. I’ve often thought about how I could make this happen, and who knows, maybe we’ll actually do it;)
4. Buy property in another country. We have talked both jokingly and semi-seriously about purchasing property in another country. Some of the places that have come up include Jamaica, Spain (Granada, specifically), and Morocco. How awesome would it be to have a summer home or just a place to visit that you could also rent to other travelers at other times of the year?
5. Build an Andalucian home. It would be complete with a courtyard in the middle, running water, the whole works.
6. Write a book. I have a million ideas running through my head at any given moment. If I ever find the time to sit down and write them all down, this might actually happen.
7. Complete training to become a yoga instructor. I’ve gotten into yoga over the last few years and I would love to take the training and teach yoga classes. Right now, I know I don’t have the time to give it my all, but it’s always a possibility for the future. I think there are also some possibilities with combining yoga and music therapy.
8. Travel somewhere out of my comfort zone. Awhile back, I posted a whole list of places that I would love to visit. Traveling to any of these places would be awesome! I know we probably won’t get to all of the places on the list, but maybe we can knock out at least one or two at some point.
9. Move to another country. I literally dream about this! It’s not something we would probably do anytime soon, but it would be really awesome to have property in another country (#4) and live there when we retire.
10. Perform at a coffee shop. For as long as I can remember, I have always been nervous about singing in front of people. I can now sing for therapeutic purposes when I work but definitely not for performances. However, I’ve always wanted to be able to perform in a public venue like a coffee shop. I would do a mix of covers and my own personal material. I have written several of my own songs and if I ever get any free time, I could write more….maybe someday I will get up the nerve to do something like this!
I don’t know how many of these things will actually happen (if any), but it’s fun to dream a little! Is there anything you think about doing that is more unlikely than likely to happen?