November into December
Somehow we are moving into the last month of 2017…..I’m not sure how this happened!
Read 30 books.(30/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (55/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (40/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (33/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (22/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (2/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (3/10)
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (17/20)
Home and Organization:
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it. – We still need to finish staining the rest of the deck, but because of the weather, it will most likely not be finished until spring now.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house – Oops…
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (2/3)
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – I am still doing this for the most part.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (6/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (4/10)
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. (5/20)
I have come to terms with the fact that I won’t get all of this done, but I know that I did a lot of things that I wanted to do.
Other things that happened in November include Eric running a race in Vienna, IL. The kids and I spent the day hanging out in Metropolis, IL and Paducah, KY.
The following weekend, I attended a music therapy conference in St. Louis. It was a great opportunity to get some fresh ideas and I came back feeling even more motivated.
Thanksgiving came next and we spent that weekend in Cincinnati, but not before putting up our Christmas tree! On the way home, we hung out at the Louisville zoo.
Gosh, I can’t believe it’s already December!