October into November
- Anniversary weekend away - We spent 6 nights in Jamaica this month. I will be writing more about this in the near future!
- Read 30 books. (28/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (50/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (36/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (39 total) (27/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (20/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (2/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (3/10)
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (12/20) - I will be going to a national conference in November, which will get me 5 more CMTE’s. I am also supervising two more students this semester.
Home and Organization:
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it. – We still need to finish staining the rest of the deck.
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (2/3)
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. - I think I might just have to give up on this…
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – I didn’t do as much activity while in Jamaica, but we tried to do something every day.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (6/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (4/10)
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc. - Sadly, this hasn’t happened, and it probably won’t happen this year.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. (5/20)
October is always a busy month for us…this year was no different! I started off the month by hosting a recital for my students. Anya and I both performed pieces.
We ate a bunch of good food at the fall festival, and over fall break, the kids and I went to the zoo with friends. We also hung out that Sunday because Eric went to a Colts game in Indy.
The following weekend we went on a ghost tour of a haunted library in our city. We also visited Cates Farm where we picked pumpkins out of the pumpkin patch and played games on the farm.
Then, Eric and I spent 6 nights in Jamaica where we got to relax on the beach, swim in the Luminous Lagoon, tour Rose Hall at night, and lots of other things.
The weekend after we got back, we went on a haunted tour in our city and then went to a Halloween party with a corn maze and a haunted trail.
Eric also celebrated his 36th birthday 2 days after we returned from Jamaica.
On Halloween night, we celebrated by having family over and letting the kids trick or treat. Anya and Felix were Elsa and Olaf. Our nephews were BB-8 and a storm trooper. My sister-in-law had planned to go as Princess Leia but wasn’t feeling well, so I got roped into wearing that costume!
The rest of the year will be a race to the finish line!