October into November
Weekend away with the kids– We went camping Labor Day weekend and had a great time. We had planned to only do 2 nights but ended up staying for the third. Anniversary weekend away– We spent a glorious week in Punta Cana and it was amazing! Family vacation– I have posted trip reports from several of the days we spent there but I’m still working on finishing this project.
Read 24 books– I have read 28 books so far.
- Read 2 music books – I am still on the second book.
- Daily Q&A – I am still doing this but trying to catch up from being gone.
- Writer’s Book of Days – I did 6 out of 7 planned prompts.
- 500 Writing Prompts – I did 2 out of 3 planned prompts.
- Learn at least 6 new popular songs on the guitar or piano. – (5/6)
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano (0/3).
- Start recording my songs. I am still working on recording the music that I have so far.
- Find at least 5 new songs to use in music therapy sessions – (3/5)
- Work through Songwriting Without Boundaries – I started the third “course” and I’m still working through it. I probably will not finish the whole book by the end of the year, but that’s ok.
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces.
Home and Organization:
- Complete Bonus Room Transformation – We have moved most of the stuff out of the room, so the next step will be to move things up to the room.
- Go through Gmail account – I need to start working on this again.
- Go through and organize computer files.
- Inflatable Fun Factory
CMoe– We visited CMoe on their 10th birthday.
- Game Night
Financial: I want to continue to save money and to keep our spending in check.
- Save a specific amount in Travel and Savings Accounts combined – We did not get to save any in October due to a major vet bill for our dog, unfortunately.
- Keep track of “extras” earned from apps, credit cards, rewards, etc. – So far so good.
- Keep up with a budget as best we can – I need to get back into doing this again.
- Do at least 6 service projects that may include volunteering, providing a meal at the local Ronald McDonald house, donating items, etc. (1/6)
Write a new 101 in 1,001 list.
- I have started a running list of restaurants I want to try, and I want to eat at 12 of them this year – (7/12)
- I plan to cook 12 international meals this year or one international meal a month – We totally dropped the ball on this in October, but that’s ok. We will pick up again this month.
October was a bittersweet month. I love the month of October but it is a difficult one for me. Other things that happened in October include:
- We went to the corn maze with friends one evening.
- I took a “creativity day” and spent an entire day in a nearby town just writing.
- We spent a full week in Punta Cana, which was amazing. In fact, this was my view for most of trip.
- My kids dressed up as Catboy and Owlette for Halloween. Aren’t they cute?
How was your October?