September into October
- Anniversary weekend away – We are going to Jamaica this month!
- Read 30 books. (25/30)
- Read 2 “self-help” books or books about fostering creativity. (1/2)
- Daily Q&A – Still keeping up with this!
- Post in my blog at least 5 times a month or 60 blog posts. (45/60)
- Work through the Right to Write. (43 chapters) (34/43)
- 500 Writing Prompts – 3 writing prompts a month (36 total) (27/36)
- Work through Writing Better Lyrics. (2 chapters per month, 24 total) (18/24)
- Practice and complete a daily devotional. I have been able to keep up so far!
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano. (1/3)
- Work on learning at least 3 of the modes. (1/3)
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces. I have a new book about listening to Beethoven’s piano music that I intend to use for this purpose. (3/10)
- Earn at least 20 CMTE’s (continuing education). (12/20) – I will be going to a national conference in November, which will get me 5 more CMTE’s. I am also supervising two more students this semester.
Home and Organization:
- Fix the other part of the deck and stain it. – We started staining the deck this weekend. It looks great so far!
- Wash windows and glass doors in the house.
- Make a home video with the kids.
- Paint with the kids.
- Provide at least 3 meals at the Ronald McDonald house. (2/3)
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen at least once.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water on most days. – This is getting a little better.
- Do something active at least 3 times a week. – I’ve been keeping up.
- Eat at 8 new restaurants on our list of places to try. (6/8)
- I plan to cook at least 10 international meals this year. (4/10)
- Take at least one day to “retreat” and work on my writing, music, etc. – I am hoping to do this sometime in October if I can work it in.
- Do something nice for myself at least 20 times. (5/20)
Lots of other stuff happened this month, too. In fact, I was out of town for the last weekend in August and the first three weekends in September.
We went camping over Labor Day weekend…
Eric and I got to investigate the wine cellar of this amazing mansion in Alton, Illinois. We camped out on the front lawn that night.
The last weekend in September, I spent in Atlanta at a travel agent conference. I had an amazing time and learned a lot!
Also, Anya started soccer!