September into October
I don’t know if it’s even possible but I feel like September went even faster than August.
- Weekend away with the kids – We went camping Labor Day weekend and had a great time. We had planned to only do 2 nights but ended up staying for the third.
- Anniversary weekend away – We are going to Punta Cana for a week in October to celebrate.
Family vacation– I have posted trip reports from several of the days we spent there but I’m still working on finishing this project.
- Read 24 books – I have read 23 books so far.
- Read 2 music books – I have read 1 book and just started reading another one a couple of months ago.
- Daily Q&A – I am still doing this.
- Writer’s Book of Days – I did 7 out of 7 planned prompts.
- 500 Writing Prompts – I did 3 out of 3 planned prompts.
- Learn at least 6 new popular songs on the guitar or piano. – (5/6)
- Learn at least 3 new Classical pieces on the piano (0/3).
- Start recording my songs. I am still working on recording the music that I have so far.
- Find at least 5 new songs to use in music therapy sessions – (3/5)
- Work through Songwriting Without Boundaries – I started the third “course” and I’m still working through it.
- Listen to 10 classical music pieces.
Home and Organization:
- Complete Bonus Room Transformation – We have moved most of the stuff out of the room, so the next step will be to move things up to the room.
- Go through Gmail account – I need to start working on this again.
- Go through and organize computer files.
- Inflatable Fun Factory
- CMoe – We visited CMoe on their 10th birthday.
- Game Night
Financial: I want to continue to save money and to keep our spending in check.
- Save a specific amount in Travel and Savings Accounts combined – We did not get to save any in September, unfortunately.
- Keep track of “extras” earned from apps, credit cards, rewards, etc. – So far so good.
- Keep up with a budget as best we can – I am getting a little better about doing this but still need to get back into the habit completely.
- Do at least 6 service projects that may include volunteering, providing a meal at the local Ronald McDonald house, donating items, etc. (1/6)
Write a new 101 in 1,001 list.
- I have started a running list of restaurants I want to try, and I want to eat at 12 of them this year – (7/12)
- I plan to cook 12 international meals this year or one international meal a month – We had a Spanish meal in September and it turned out well.
September has flown by, just like the rest of the year. We began the month by camping over Labor Day weekend. Both kids are playing soccer, though I’m not sure you can call Felix’s participation soccer, but he can at least wear the t-shirt. Anya and I attended a mother/daughter painting party. We attended a music festival in town as a family and then Eric and I saw the Lumineers in Louisville.
The transition into October will be a difficult one, though I know it was always one of my favorite months of the year, so I’m hoping I can find some joy in it as we move forward.
How was your September?