Summer Bucket List
I have been thinking a lot about all the things I’d like to do this summer and decided to make a list of them. As you all know, I’m very much a list person, and even if we don’t get to everything on this list, it is more likely to happen if it is on the list. Of course, I have categorized them as well!
- Hiking in the woods
- Children’s Museum
- Park (Newburgh)
- Bouncy House
- Putt Putt golf
- Camping Out in the Backyard
- Swimming Lessons – Anya will be taking private swimming lessons for at least 6 weeks this summer.
- Gymnastics – Anya is signed up for an 8-week gymnastics course.
- Violin Lessons
- Piano Lessons – I started her on lessons this past week and she is already practicing without me asking her to; I hope that doesn’t wear off!
- Summer Reading Program – This starts on June 1 and both kids will be participating, as well as myself.
- Ethics CMTE – I have 99 out of the 100 CMTE credits I need but we are required to do 3 credits in Ethics, so I plan to take care of that this summer.
- Create some mandala/music interventions – I got a new book about mandalas that has lots of exercises, so I plan to adapt them to fit what I need and add the music to it.
- Create at least 1 new singalong packet – I know the people I work with don’t remember what we sing each month (for the most part, at least), but I sure do, and I’m ready for something new!
- Start The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron- I bought this book a few months ago and I am really hoping to start it very soon. If anyone is interested in doing it, too, please let me know!
- Continue the book club
- Continue participating in the journal writing group
- Start another online class – There is one on Beethoven’s sonatas so that is a possibility but I’m not completely sure which I want to do just yet.
Of course, there are lots of other things going on, like our trip to Costa Rica, putting together photo books from our Disney trip, writing out our trip reports, hosting a successful 5th birthday party for Anya (how is she already 5?). I also need to get working on more of my travel e-book. It sounds like I will have plenty to do this summer!