Disney World in April– I have written about our trip: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom,Day 2 of Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. Costa Rica in July (just me and Eric!)– This happened in July and it was amazing. Check out my latest post! Possibly a weekend trip with the kids– We spent a weekend in St. Louis and visited Grant’s Farm, the St. Louis Zoo, and the Magic House. We also met up with some friends. The kids had a blast and it was just nice to get away for a weekend.
- A weekend trip with just me and Eric – This year, we are planning a night in Bloomington, Indiana. We did this last year but there were lots of different restaurants to choose from and lots to do so we decided to go back. We are still planning everything but will have it all worked out by the time we go.
Family Fun – We hope to do something fun with the kids at least once a month and are planning to do the following activities as a family this year:
Movie Night Game Night
- Inflatable Fun Factory
Hiking in the Woods
- Gatti Town
- Fire It Up
We have also had a few movie and game nights where we had a chance to stay in for the evening and just hang out.
Service Projects – We would like to do at least one service “project” a month and are planning to participate in these service projects this year:
Provide Dinner at Ronald McDonald House– We did this in March, and it was so much fun! We are hoping to do it more often. Volunteer to work at the church social– We signed up to work but it started raining with no end in sight so they closed our booth and we didn’t actually get to do it, but it wasn’t for lack of trying!
- Buy gifts for kids from the Giving Tree at church – This will be coming up soon!
- Soup kitchen
- Donate canned goods to The Food Pantry
- Continue to donate money to our church and other charities that we support – We are continuing to do this!
- Go for a walk and pick up trash
House Projects – These are a few things we’d like to accomplish around the house:
- Bonus room transformation (at least to start it) – We are finally starting to work on this! I have gone through tons of toys and have several boxes full of toys and clothes that can now be moved out. My husband also cleaned off his desk (I haven’t seen the top of it since we moved in!) and we plan to sell it soon.
Organize pantry Clean out refrigerator and freezers–
- Clean windows – I cleaned all the windows in the house except for two of them, and only because I need help with them.
- Organize office
- Organize email accounts – I have gotten my Yahoo account under control (somewhat, anyway) but still need to work on my Gmail account.
- Organize computer files
- Organize social media
Go through books
- Go through my clothes
Go through the kids’ clothes– I did this in September and was able to figured out what we need for the fall/winter.
- Go through the kids’ toys – We are in the process of doing this, but have already gone through quite a bit.
Go through the kids’ books
Just the Two of Us – We hope to make time to do something together at least once a month; these are some of the things we hope to do:
Dinner at Melting Pot Wellness Weekend in January
- Attend a play
Attend a wine dinner
- Complete a couple’s daily devotional/meditation book we have had for awhile (or at least see how far we get!) – We haven’t started this yet.
See a movie
- Eat at Vecchio’s or pick up a carry-out meal on a Friday night
Go for a run– We ran the 10-mile River Race together. Go hiking together– We did this several days in Costa Rica.
Learn a new classical piece on the piano Write at least one song Read at least one of my music books Take an online songwriting class
- Play the violin more – I have been doing some of this.
- Listen to classical music regularly
- Stay within 2 pounds of my goal weight – Doing well so far as far as I know!
Run a 10-mile race and a half marathon (both are in May)–I finished both of these races.
- Work on strength training on a regular basis – We are getting back into doing this more often.
- Work on getting rid of the belly fat – This is a continuous battle that I’m not sure I will ever win:( I am almost ready to chalk it up to pregnancy battle wounds and focus on something I can actually do something about without plastic surgery.
Complete a January Plank Challenge
Work through the book Journal to the Self Work through the book The Artist’s Way– I finally finished!
- Finish a rough draft of one of my e-books
- Answer 2 of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind each month – I have really dropped the ball on this one lately.
- Blog about my goals each month
- Complete 2 daily devotional books
- Participate in the Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge – I have completed 21 books for this and I am still reading.
- Finish reading the (Catholic) Bible – I am ALMOST finished.
- Visit a friend in St. Louis
- Visit “the Woods” (where I did my graduate work)
Complete a 6-week Fresh Start challenge on Facebook
- Take at least 4 online classes – I have finished 2 of them and in the middle of the 3rd.
Get at least 2 massages
- Take at least 6 bubble baths – I am on 3 of 6.
- Try to keep groceries and toiletries under a certain amount each month – I had been keeping track but then my phone was destroyed and the app I was using didn’t backup to anything, so I pretty much lost all of it:(
- Try to save a certain amount in our Travel Savings account and our regular Savings account over the course of the year – We are doing well with this, too, but the app I was using for this also did not back up anywhere so I lost everything when my phone was destroyed.
- Attempt to keep track of how much we save using coupons – Same situation here.
- Attempt to keep track of how much we earn in rewards and reimbursements (coupon apps, Ebates, credit card rewards, etc.) – Same thing.
- Attempt to sell a few of the bigger items we need to get rid of – We were able to sell Eric’s golf clubs and are also working on getting ready to sell a few other things.
Ideas to Explore:
- Essential Oils – We are diffusing lots of combinations of oils and we have used several of them to treat things.
Starting a book club
- Eating more organically – We are doing more and more of this.
I also started Travel School in September and hope to finish by the end of the year so I can start planning trips as soon as possible in January.
How are you doing with your goals?