The 8 Most Satisfying Moments of Being a Mother
1. When your kid just randomly says “I love you” throughout the day. Anya does this all the time and I love it!
2. When your baby is playing, meets your eye from across the room, and gives you the biggest smile. I sometimes feel like my little boy only has eyes for me!
3. When your kid tells you she (he) is “yours” and not Daddy’s. We have this conversation a lot and it always makes me feel good when Anya says she’s my girl instead of “Daddy’s girl.”
4. When your kid is really excited to give you something. For me, it’s marshmallows in the morning. Anya knows I love them and she puts them in her hot chocolate (yes, she has hot chocolate every morning), so she always grabs a handful and “surprises” me with them.
5. When you rock one of your kids/babies and he/she lays his/her head on your shoulder. This is seriously pure heaven.
6. When you see two (or more) of your kids/babies playing together. One of my favorite things is watching Felix and Anya interact. It’s also one of the scariest things I’ve seen in awhile, because I know it’s going to mean trouble someday!
7. Watching your children sleep. This is awesome in more ways than one….
8. The very first time you hold your child. I’m talking about the second after he/she is born and you get to meet him/her face to face for the very first time. Those two moments of my life are moments I will never forget.
What’s your most satisfying moment as a mother?